The master facilities plan outlined in WCS’ 2015-2020 Strategic Plan is a $12 million-plus project that is sequential. What this means is one project must be completed before another can begin. Hence, the plan will be accomplished in two phases.
PHASE 1 – $7.6 MILLION GOAL – CAMPAIGN UNDERWAY
- Enter into a long-term lease agreement with Grace Polaris Church for 30-acres of land and facilities, including 75,000 square feet of classroom space. (Completed July 2017)
- Move WCMS out of the modular buildings into the newly leased facilities. (Completed August 2017)
- Begin construction on a 30,000 square foot addition of educational space on the northwest quadrant of the current middle school. Upon completion, the new construction, in addition to the existing facilities, will become the new high school named in memory of Tom Anglea.
- Move WCMS to the current WCHS.
- Relocate the kindergarten to the Administration Center.
PHASE 2 – $4.5 MILLION GOAL – CAMPAIGN TO COMMENCE AT A FUTURE DATE
- Add the second addition to the high school (North Campus) to accommodate seventh and eighth grades. The high school will become the Upper School.
- Expands the middle school (South Campus) to accommodate grades one to six. The elementary school plus sixth grade will make up the Lower School.
- Sell the Westview property.
- Complete stadium renovations.